Home > Community Health > Sexual Health
The YHD HIV/AIDS program has multiple components. We offer:
- Bilingual Staff
- HIV Testing and Counseling on Wednesdays at the Yakima Health District, 10am-12pm & 1:30pm-4pm
- Partner Counseling and Referral Services
- Prevention Education for Persons Living with HIV
- Education sessions for patients of drug treatment centers (winter months)
- Group education focusing on the farmworking community (seasonal)
- Needle exchange: Fridays, 2pm-4pm only, in empty lot @ S. Naches & E. Arlington
The Yakima Health District contracts with a regional Washington state employee, Lisa Baldoz, for its STD services. We do not have an STD clinic, nor do we directly refer patients to providers, but we can provide partner notification and information about community resources in the Yakima Valley. Please contact Lisa at 509.249.6531 for these services.
For testing information, please follow our Testing Resources link above.
The main role of our the State’s Regional STD program in Yakima is to facilitate accurate reporting of STDs. Lisa works closely with providers to ensure that they have the information and forms necessary to report accurately.
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines
- WAC changes affecting provider care for HIV/AIDS in 2010
- STD Publication Order Form (to order reporting forms and patient education materials)
- Washington State Department of Health STD Webpage – This page is an excellent resource for statistics and specific disease information.